Eligibility criteria for teams Any Italian based organisation such as an association, school or social club is eligible to become a member of OGI, subject to the committee approval. If you would like to enter a team, please write to the Secretary. You will be required to register your interest. A team should consist of at least 10 competitors of both sex and aged between 9-
Sumary of Eligibility criteria for athletes The games are open to boys and girls
1) They are no younger than 9 years old and no older than 21 years old on the first day of the games;
2) They are classified as being of Italian origin (see Rule 2.5), or are a member of an Italian club or association, or are a friend of a registered competitor who is defined as being of Italian origin (see Rule 2.5);
3) They are registered with only one competing team in any given year;
4) They have completed a registration form which was received by the OGIC by the deadline date (normally 31st. January) in the year of the games;
5) They are not classified as being a non Italian Club Athlete (see Rules 2.4 & 2.6) and as such ineligible to compete.
Also please pay attenion to section 8.3 when choosing events, A competitor may choose up to 3 individual track and field events and 1 swimming event from those listed for their age group but you cannot mix events from the sprint and distance categories.
For a full and detailed understanding of all the rules please refer to the current rule book on this site.